Tools & Customization
Creation Platform has been designed so you can build high-performance tools and applications quickly and easily. Every design choice we make is informed by the knowledge that very little is created ‘out of the box’ – every project has custom needs and requirements, and a modern DCC framework must provide several critical elements:
- Powerful: Creation Platform is built on top of the Fabric Core – our multi-threading engine that gets exceptional performance out of your hardware.
- Modular: Creation enables you to build a wide range of applications by connecting various modules together to provide the desired functionality. You can just run with the modules we provide, edit existing modules to suit your needs, or build completely new modules.
- Accessible: If you’re familiar with Python and Qt then you can build applications with Creation. Python is a standard for the graphics industry, but sometimes you just need the raw performance of a more complex language like C++. Unfortunately, this means losing a lot of the benefits of Python: ease of use, speed of iteration and familiarity. This is where our Kernel Language (KL) comes in. KL is a simple, high-level language that’s used to write the high-performance parts of your application.
- Open: Everything aside from the Fabric Core is completely open and available to you. Full access to all source code, means you can alter any part of Creation to suit your needs.
- Extensible: Creation Platform can be extended to work with data from other applications. We have written extensions to allow us to support Alembic, FBX and Lidar data. The extension system is designed to allow customers to write their own extensions for custom data types.
- Integrated: Creation Platform can be integrated into your existing pipeline – whether by running standalone with common data types or by integrating with your existing DCC tools.